Start planning your exit now!
Why we developed this service
A carefully considered exit strategy reflects the hard work and capital you’ve invested in your business. We want to work with you to develop your Succession Plan to ensure that the expectations of all parties are addressed and achieved.
- Do you feel your business would be unable to cope without you?
- Do you worry about being able to recover your investment (and more) when you exit?
- Are you concerned about the expectations your family may have for your business?
- Do you have clear expectations and goals for life beyond your business?
- Do you know what’s required to support your lifestyle after you’ve exited?
What is involved
We facilitate a half-day one on one Succession Planning
session where you’ll define your goals and objectives with respect to
your eventual exit from your business. You’ll complete pre-work prior to
the session to identify any burning issues so that we can prepare
During the session we’ll work with you to create a one page Succession Plan to guide you through this process. We will help you:
- Determine what you want out of your business
- Clarify your succession options
- Identify the key people involved
- Ascertain the timeline and key milestones for your Succession Plan
- Clarify the various personal, business, financial and legal taxation aspects you need to consider
- Identify the actions and strategies you need to take to make your
When shall I use this service
If you wish to take a more passive role or sell your business within the next three years, then we recommend you start the ongoing Succession Planning process now.
The earlier you start the more likely you are to achieve your goals
within the timeframe you set. The longer the planning phase, the more
time you have to groom your business for sale and attract the right successor.
Benefits of a Succession Planning Session
- Dedicated time to review and determine what you want from your business
- Stimulate strategic discussion around ‘what if’ scenarios
- Determine a common vision for owners, team members and successors
- Establish what the challenges and opportunities really are
- We’ll act as an impartial sounding board to help you in the decision making process
- Clarify your succession process, defining tasks and actions to maximise your outcome
- Identify and prioritise key goals and milestones
- Increase your ability to make effective strategic decisions
- Develop a tool to communicate your Succession Plan with family and other key stakeholders
- We’ll encourage you to be accountable for your achieving your goals
- Access our collective wisdom, systems, products and services
Up to $2,250 + GST