Helping You Achieve the Freedoms of Time, Money and Peace of Mind
NZ Government announces $12.1 billion economic package
The government has announced a business continuity package in response to Covid-19. The goal is to cushion the blow for businesses and workers, and position for recovery. Talk to us about what you may be eligible for small business.
The government has announced a business continuity package in response to Covid-19. The goal is to cushion the blow for businesses and workers and position for recovery.
The $12.1 billion package includes:
$5.1 billion in wage subsidies - available for businesses that have had a 30 percent decline in revenue, compared to the same period last year. Eligible businesses will receive $585.50 per week for full-time staff, and $350 for part-time staff. (up to a total of $150,000 per business).
- $2.8 billion increase to income support - an extra $25 per week for all main benefits (approx 350,000 families) and the 2020 winter energy payment will be doubled, affecting approximately 850,000 recipients.
- $2.8 billion in business tax changes to free up cashflow - including a provisional tax threshold lift from $2,500 to $5,000, the reinstatement of building depreciation and writing off interest on some late payment of tax.
- $126m in COVID-19 leave payment scheme and self-isolation support - eligible businesses will receive the same rates as the wage subsidy for those who are unable to work because they are in self-isolation, sick with COVID-19 or caring for dependents. The subsidy is not eligible for those who can work from home.
- $100m for redeployment - supporting worker redeployment programmes.
- $600m initial aviation support package - (Air NZ will be on top of this)
- A $500 million boost for health - for health staff, virus testing, medicines and face masks, extra intensive care capacity and equipment at hospitals, as well as more money for GPs.
Grant Robertson said they will be actively discussing working capital support for small and medium businesses and tailor-made support for larger and complex businesses.
We can talk you through the details on what you may be eligible for and ways to moderate the stress on your business.
Chris Lynch, CA
Managing Director, Lynch & Associates Limited
Get in touch by Email or Phone: +64 9 366 6008
Chris is the founding Director of Lynch & Associates Limited.
He qualified as a CA in 1973 and is a full member of the College of NZICA now merged with CAANZ. His expertise is in the areas of tax, accounting, business development, forecasting, and auditing. He has a clear focus on adding value to his clients lives and businesses and seeing the people behind the numbers.
Chris experience includes working as a CFO and company secretary for some of New Zealand’s leading companies before starting his own CA firm in 1999. In his previous roles Chris has worked in the wool, dairy, engineering FCG, banking and investment banking and stock broking industries.
Today he uses this vast experience to assist his clients add value to their businesses and personal lives.
Your Business Growth