Core Values Development
Core Values Development
Why we developed this serviceCore Values are the essence of a company’s identity; they support the vision and shape the culture of an organisation. Core Values cannot be plagiarised and made to fit an organisation.
They need to be developed from within to be authentic to your company and employees.
Experience has shown that the most effective way to develop Core Values is by having a neutral facilitator lead the process.
Who should develop a set of Core Values
- Do you find it hard to differentiate yourself from your competitors?
- Are you frustrated by a lack of aligned behaviour within your Team?
- Would you like to get the very best from your Team without getting the big stick out?
- Would you like to have a business where everyone (INCLUDING YOU) loves coming to work?
Prior to the workshop attendees will complete pre-work to get thinking about their values and vision for the business so that everyone is prepared to gain maximum benefit from the session.
As a part of the Core Values Development process, we will:
- Share what Core Values really are and the benefit of having them
- Brainstorm what values the attendees hold to be important
- Prioritise values to have five or less final Core Values
- Develop a key definition for each Core Value
Core Values - The Compass for your Organisation
organisation’s culture is reflected by the behaviour and attitude of everyone
at all levels in the organisation.
In other words, it is reflected in the results of how people on the team think and behave, their shared views of work, life, relationships and how they react to internal and external challenges.
A company culture is both consciously created and nurtured from the very beginning or it develops randomly over time based on the values, beliefs and experiences of those on the team.
The wake up call
When an organisation is facing change (to grow or remain competitive), it requires a new way of thinking and performing, especially from the leaders at all levels.
If people within the organisation are not aware of the organisation’s core values, or they do not adopt them at a being level, then the organisation’s efforts to grow or implement change are sabotaged by its own people.
Leaders understand the needs of the organisation, its direction and the core values that will take the organisation there. When leaders understand the value of the core values, they rely on them to drive performance.
At Lynch & Associates we have a well-defined mission and culture. It wasn't until this year that the senior leadership team came together to develop what is now the character of our Firm - our guiding “compass” that defines who we are, why we exist, how we give, how we receive and what we expect of ourselves and each other.
Our "way of doing things" is clearly articulated in our values and culture. Everything we do is guided by it. It is a part of us.
The leaders constantly communicate those values at every opportunity possible.
For protecting a company culture, the core values are the guide used in recruiting new members of the team.
Differences in values, beliefs and strategies within your business can not only disrupt and destabilise the Team and culture in your business, but will also impact the service you provide to your clients. If you don’t have a set of Core Values that define expectations and behaviour then we recommend you contact us today.
- Build a foundation for the culture you believe is fundamental to your success
- Increase alignment within your Team
- Clearly communicate what is important to you, employees, and the company
- Determine the values that will drive your business to achieve its vision
- Core Values guide expected behaviours - how your Team interact with each other and clients
- Gain a framework for effective communication
- Reduce workplace stress and tension and build better working relationships
- Core values act as ‘decision-making filters’ for the day to day operation of the business
- Differentiate your company from your competitors
- Core Values are a primary recruitment and retention tool
- Inspire people to take positive action because they aspire to live into Core Values
Camelia Petrus, PGDip. I/O Psychology, Work Psychology and Business Development, Senior Consultant with Lynch and Associates Ltd.
As leaders, we must allow ourselves to work on a much deeper level than simply 'identifying' our organisation’s core values - we have to learn to fully live them.
Fees: Up to $2,500 + GST