Why we developed this service.
Trust Deeds are living documents and it is important to make sure they are regularly reviewed and updated. Changes in circumstances and legislation can impact existing Trust structures.
It’s likely that you set up your Trust to meet the following objectives:
- To protect your assets from creditors
- To preserve value for future generations
- To protect your assets from relationship property or family claims
- To protect your assets from the Government
- To maximise any benefits you may be entitled to
- To facilitate the transfer of assets to beneficiaries on your death
We recommend all our clients with a Family Trust have their Trust reviewed. It’s that simple.
Initially we will require a copy of your Trust Deed and associated documents (including Wills) to review. We will then have a meeting with you to discuss what you want your Trust to deliver and make recommendations accordingly. Based on the outcome of the meeting, we will forward instructions to your lawyer for proposed changes, or put forward a more detailed proposal for services if required.
As soon as possible. All trustees have a responsibility to safeguard and administer trust assets properly. Our experience is that many mum and dad trustees simply don’t receive the guidance and support to have certainty that they are doing just that.
Benefits of a Trust Review
- An independent assessment of your Trust setup
- Increased understanding of your Trust
- Peace of mind knowing that your Trust is up to date and will deliver your desired outcome (i.e. the Trust is aligned with your intentions)
- Provides clarity for you as to whether or not to accelerate your gifting programme
- Keeps the structure of your Trust as simple as possible
- Identifies any tax savings opportunities and reduces any potential exposure to Capital Gains Tax
- Gives certainty that all assets are protected in accordance with statutory requirements
- Ensures your Trust is compliant with any legislation changes and statutory requirements
- Highlights any potential areas of risk or concern
- Addresses any financial implications of your arrangements
- Ensures your Trust meets your succession planning and asset protection objectives
- Ensures optimal tax structuring and asset protection from the outset if your Trust enters into a major transaction
- Avoids the Trust being deemed a sham
Fee: Up to $800 + GST